VIDEO SHOWING HOW TO MAKE ZUCCHINI NOODLES:
Prep: 10mCook: 15msReady: 25ms
- 20 oz Zucchini (about 4 medium)
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted, or olive oil)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Prepare The Zoodles
Make zucchini noodles with or without a spiralizer. (Check the post above for tips!)
How To Make Zucchini Noodles in the Oven
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Grease an extra-large baking sheet. (Use parchment paper if it’s not excellent non-stick.)
Arrange the zucchini on the baking sheet in a thin layer, making sure not to crowd the pan. Sprinkle with sea salt lightly and toss.
Bake for about 15 minutes, until al dente. (You can cook longer if you want them softer.)
Pat the zoodles dry with a double layer of paper towels.
Toss with melted butter, black pepper, and more sea salt to taste if needed.
How To Make Zucchini Noodles on the Stove
Place zucchini noodles into a colander over the sink. Sprinkle with sea salt and toss. Let sit for 30 minutes to drain.
After half an hour, squeeze the zoodles gently over the sink to release more water. No need to get out every last drop, but just the majority.
Heat butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes, until al dente. (Cooking time may vary depending on how much zucchini you have and the size of your pan.) Season with black pepper and more sea salt to taste.
1. Carbonara Zoodles With Crispy Bacon & Sage Recipe
- 1 cup butternut squash or pumpkin
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 1 – 1 ½ cups diced organic & chemical-free bacon
- 3 cups zoodles (zucchini noodles)
- ¼ – ½ tsp turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee, melted
- ¼ cup filtered water or chicken bone broth
- A handful of fresh sage leaves
- Steam the squash (or pumpkin) and cauliflower in a saucepan until soft and completely cooked through.
- Add the diced bacon to a frying pan and fry until golden and crispy.
- When the bacon is ready, remove it from the pan and place it onto a plate. Leave the fat in the frying pan.
- Cook the sage leaves in the bacon fat until crispy.
- Remove the sage leaves from the pan and place them onto the same plate with the bacon.
- Add the zoodles to a saucepan and steam for a few minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Now add the cooked squash (or pumpkin), cauliflower, turmeric, butter or ghee, salt to taste and 2 Tbsp broth of water to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Keep adding in spoonfuls of water or broth to reach your desired creamy, thick sauce consistency.
- When the zoodles are ready, place them evenly onto 2 plates.
- Now add the creamy sauce on top, along with a sprinkle of the bacon pieces and crispy sage leaves.
- Serve, add salt to taste and enjoy immediately.
2. Spiralized Sweet Potato Egg in a Hole Recipe
Prep: 5mCook: 10mReady: 15m
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup egg whites, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the ends off your sweet potato. Place in spiralizer and spiralize using the smallest noodle shape. Trim the noodles so they are not too long.
- Heat a medium-sized sauté pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Once hot add sweet potatoes, garlic powder, and salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes until soft. Once done place in a bowl.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and add 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil. Add half the sweet potato mixture and form into a nest type shape with a hole in the middle, leaving room for the egg. Pour 2 tablespoons egg whites on sweet potatoes. Add egg in the middle and cook for 4-8 minutes, or until cooked to your preference.
- Repeat step 3 for the remaining mixture and egg.*
- Serve with sides of choice. Enjoy!
3. Creamy Spinach Sweet Potato Noodles With Cashew Sauce Recipe
Prep: 15mCook: 10mReady: 25m
- 1 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup water (more for soaking)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 large sweet potatoes, spiralized
- 2 cups baby spinach
- a handful of fresh basil leaves, chives, or other herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for drizzling
- Cover the cashews with water in a bowl and soak for 2 hours or so.
- Drain and rinse thoroughly. Place in a food processor or blender and add the 3/4 cup water, salt, and garlic. Puree until very smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the sweet potatoes; toss in the pan for 6-7 minutes with tongs until tender-crisp. Remove from heat and toss in the spinach – it should wilt pretty quickly.
- Add half of the herbs and half of the sauce to the pan and toss to combine. Add water if the mixture is too sticky. Season generously with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil, and top with the remaining fresh herbs.
4. Baked Salmon With Thyme-Ghee and Cucumber Noodles Recipe
- 2 5-ounce wild salmon fillets, skin on
- 1 fennel bulb, roughly sliced
- 1 large cucumber
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed ghee or butter
- Fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Add fennel to a lined greaseproof paper oven tray. Place the salmon on top of fennel and dot ghee on top of salmon. Sprinkle fresh thyme leaves on top.
- Bake salmon in oven for 15 minutes.
- While salmon is in the oven, spiralize the cucumber into noodles and drain any excess water by gently squeezing.
- Add the noodles to a bowl and dress with extra virgin olive oil.
- Remove the salmon from the oven.
- Add the noodles to a plate then place the salmon on top. Add the green olives and sprinkle with salt to taste.
5. Curly Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Aioli Recipe
Prep: 10mCook: 25mReady: 35m
Curly Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spiralize the sweet potato and place it on a sheet pan. Drizzle the oil and sprinkle the spices on top, then use your hands to mix it all together until each piece of sweet potato is coated.
- Cook the sweet potato for 20-25 minutes, or until crispy. The pieces along the outside edge may cook faster, so keep an eye on them and rotate as necessary.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, mix together the ingredients for the garlic aioli in a small bowl, until well combined.
- Remove the sweet potato fries from the oven and serve with the garlic aioli.